Monday, April 23, 2012

This is April, isn't it?



 

 Well,  I had the fireplace roaring this morning while I cooked breakfast for Mr. Jolly.  It was a very chilly 37 degrees, and the wind swooshing down from the Blue Ridge Mountains made me run for my hoodie, turtleneck and sweatpants.  I'm so glad these were not packed away.  Just hoping the weather does not bring a spring snow.  I am already planning a big pot of soup for dinner tonight!






Old Navy Hoodie




Lands' End Sweatpants



I am kinda feeling like my friend, Hillbilly Debutante when she is in her Preppy Mood sans the red cowboy boots.  If you have not visited the Hillbilly Debutante Blog, please do and check out her newest book, Hillbilly Debutante Cafe.

The author, Kathie Truitt, aka Hillbilly Debutante, takes you to her small hometown of El Dorado Springs, MO with  a cast of hometown characters reminiscent of Mayberry.  Oh, I almost forgot to mention that my dear friend dedicated her book to me.  Such an honor!


No comments:

Post a Comment