Monday, May 7, 2012

Farm-to-Table Burger Joint in Purcellville

I've been wanting to try the new restaurant, Market Burger Fries & Shakes in Old Town Purcellville ever since it opened. The promise of fresh local and farm-to-table ingredients at a Burger joint was hard to pass up, and throw in an old fashioned malted milkshake made it easy to enticed Mr. Jolly  for a quick trip into Purcellville.  We have three towns to choose from Middleburg, Purcellville, and Roundhill, if we want to go out to eat and not drive 45 minutes or more.


Store Front on Main Street




It was a late lunch for us arriving after 2:30 pm, but Market Burger was doing a thriving business.  I must warn you they only take cash.  Thank goodness I had cash, because we were starving. Their hamburgers are made using local beef, buns, and produce.  They hand cut their fries and the milkshakes are made from scratch.   On their Blackboard they even tell you the current sources for what you are about to order.



Chili Burger (for Me), Bacon-Cheese Burger ( for Mr. Jolly) and Hand-cut Fries





Sorry,  we just could not wait for me to take pictures before we pounced on our lunch.  After 3 or 4 bites of my burger and many swigs of the chocolate shake, I was able to get back to the business of taking pictures.  If you notice, my chili burger had a healthy dose of fresh jalapeno peppers which added just the right amount of zip.  Our lunch for two was served on a single black tray lined with white paper. The milkshake was thick and rich.



If I had my wishes, the milkshake would not have been served in a Styrofoam container.  If I had my wishes, our lunch would not have cost a whopping $30 bucks.  A little pricey, considering this was two burgers, one order of fries, one milkshake, and one bottle of water.  I am totally committed to supporting local businesses and local sourced food, but I have to admit this was a pause for me for when and if  I stop in to order again.  Suggestions to myself---------------Place Take-out Order- double beef burger with complimentary toppings with fries for Mr. Jolly and single burger for me, skip the milkshake....   A more palatable price of $17.  I still can support this new restaurant by choosing more wisely from their menu.


If you would like to check out their menu go to their website by clicking here Market Burger Fries & Shakes


N2PPQQCUP9HR





 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment